Sheffield is soon to be taking a step towards running Sky Rides in the city. Part of these mass participation rides is that they require a bit of help to run them. Here are more details that have been forwarded to us from Cycle Sheffield. If you are interested follow the link below…
- Meanwhile they want to start recruiting a ‘Sheffield’ team of Sky Ride leaders
- The training course is free and takes one day
- On successful completion you get a British Cycling Ride Leader qualification.
- Ride leaders: have some admin to do; work with other ride leaders; should know the route; be able to do safety checks on bikes; be able to do some basic bike maintenance and 1st Aid.
- Ride leaders get: qualified; free membership of British Cycling; free Sky Ride kit; a payment for every ride they take part in.
- The payment is small and not a career salary; the essential qualities are enjoying cycling and getting others enthusiastic about cycling.
- So click on the link below and send in an expression of interest at http://www.goskyride.com/News/
ShowArticle/Become-a-British- Cycling-Ride-Leader?retURL=% 2FNews
and if you ride in a club or group with friends and colleagues who may be interested please pass the message on!