This months trail day returns to the field of dreams and white waves that is Bolehills, to carry out a bit of spring maintenance to the track. On top of the massive amount of work that went into the track last year, they have also been working away on renovating the pump track too.
This weekend’s work (and they will be up there the whole weekend) is being organised by Sheffield Dirt Society/Bolehills BMX Club, so I will leave it to them to fill you in on the details. We will helping provide tools as well as refreshments too.
This year courtesy of the University of Sheffield Cycling Club we’ve managed to get a whole load of surface, subsoil and hardcore to fix bits of the track and provide some new additions. The surface is arriving at 7am Friday morning, so we’ll be hard at it from then, all the way through Saturday when we will be laying and whackerplating surface.
Tools will be provided but if you have a wheelbarrow please bring it!
Main jobs to be completed:
- Lengthen first jump on first straight and slightly higher landing to enable more speed into 1st straight and less flat bowl after 1st jump
- 3rd backstraight casepad addition for safety
- Hardcore and surface top of start hill and other paths
- Hardcore and dirt laid to level off places where excessive rain ruts are forming
- Any areas where hardcore is coming through surface up
- The rest of the subsoil will be used for pumptrack changes and additions over the coming months.
Hope to see you all there and make Bolehills sick for summer!
More information can be found here.
They will be up there the whole weekend and any help is more than welcome, be it for half an hour, a morning or the whole weekend. It all goes to making an amazing resource for dirt riders across the city even better!