Lady Cannings Trail Day & Social
On Saturday the 23rd October we will be having a super-sized trail day up at Lady Cannings .
Working on Blue Steel, the plan is to rework the most tired sections of the trail, smooth out the rougher sections to keep it on grade and to start to reshape the berms to return that roller coaster feel.
Initially, we’ve got to get over 20 tonnes of material on site and then move it to where it needs to be. We will also have some volunteer trail sessions on Fridays so keep your eyes out on social media and our Events page for those too
So, what does the big trail day look like?
With a lot to do, we need many helpers, therefore…
If you like the sound of what’s below, you need to click on the Eventbrite link here to join, as places are limited to 30 on the day and we need you to be pre-registered for this.
• You will then be put into a mini trail crew with an experienced team leader
• Your team will have a section of trail to work on
• We will provide you with the tools to get the job done under the guidance of the team leader (all we ask is you come dressed for the work!)
• You get to learn some new skills, get a bit of a workout and the pleasure of turning a rough berm or section of trail into a dream to ride.
For your efforts we will be providing you with a BBQ lunch (provided by Whirlow Farm Trust) and the chance to win some goodies too.
We will also have the Ride Sheffield stand up there, with Ambassadors on hand to chat about what we are up to and sell you some nice Ride Sheffield merch!
- Saturday 23rd October
- 10.00 – 13.00 trail work, lunch and social 13.00 onwards
- Lady Cannings, meet at the top by trail start
- Tools can be provided, but bring hand tools if you can
- Please use the Eventbrite link to register