More and more mountain bikers are taking to the road at the moment, either for a change from the current swampy trails or because of inspiration from Brad or even because it just seems less taboo these days to be seen on skinny tyres. So if you fancy taking part in a locally organised event for a local charity then the Peak Punisher looks like a great event. More event from the organisers…..
Not your run-of-the-mill cyclosportive – new for 2013. 100 mile/100 km routes taking in the best of the Dark and White Peak. Raising vital finds for Blythe House Hospice.
£30 entry fee includes:
• Start/finish facilities with free parking, toilets and showers
• Choice (on the day) of 100 km or 100 mile fully signposted route
• Professional chip timing with web publication of times
• Well stocked feed stations
• Hot food at the finish
• Rider pack including number, sponsorship form and timing chip
• GPS route information
• Broom wagon support
Route devised by Roger Palfreeman, former Team GB and British Cycling Doctor and current Doctor at Rapha Condor JLT the event is registered with and fully supported by British Cycling.
To enter go to www.peakpunisher.co.uk